13 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFESTYLE
Life is about growth; it’s not just about growing physically, but mentally and spiritually over time. Self-growth means continually and consciously working on bettering ourselves. Here are some steps to consider taking towards living your best, happiest, healthiest and most authentic life. Pick 1, pick all 13 - whatever you choose, by focusing on incorporating some of these habits into your lifestyle you will undoubtedly prosper, grow and glow from the inside out.
1. Drink water - lots and lots of water, 2-3 litres a day if you can.
“If there is magic on this planet it is contained in water.” - Eisley
“In time and with water, everything changes.” - Leonardo Da Vinci
2. Sleep, sleep, sleep 7-8 hours every night!
“Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.” - Robert A. Heinlein
3. Exercise 30 mins every day - you will look and feel great!
“Daily exercise is an insurance policy against future illness.” - Robin Sharma
“Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” - Jim Rohn
“A strong body makes a strong mind.” - Thomas Jefferson
4. Eat clean (most of the time)! They say your body’s a temple, so fill it with fresh, nutritious foods and you will feel glorious.
“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” - Virginia Woolf
“Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognise as food.” - Michael Pollan
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold & silver.” - Mahatma Gandhi
“The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit.” - Saint Francois De Sales
5. Never stop reading, never stop learning… put time aside before bed to wind down with a book.
“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” - Aldous Huxley
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” - Walt Disney
“You cannot open a book without learning something.” - Confucius
“You must find time for reading or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” - Confucius
6. Embark on a spiritual journey - pray, meditate, spend time learning about spirituality/religion and what it means to you.
“There is force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.” - Mahatma Gandhi
“The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.” - Shakti Gawain
7. Let it go! Declutter your life of the things and people that don’t bring you happiness.
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris
“You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” - Louise Smith
“Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.” - Robert Tew
8. Indulge in your hobbies - love what you do and do what you love!
“If you are not doing what you love you are wasting your time.” - Billy Joel
“Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative.” - Anon
9. Carpe diem. Put your phone down and be in the moment - focus on your family and friends and appreciate everything that you currently have. Enjoy every second!
“It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there ever is, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can’t relive it, and we can hope for the future, but we don’t know if there is one.” - George Harrison
10. Pamper yourself - the natural way! Take a bath with oils, put on a face mask, make a cup of herbal tea and let your body soak in all the chemical-free goodness.
“For every illness or ailment known to man, God has a plant out there that will heal it.” - Vannoy Gentles Fite
“Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.” - Sophia Loren
“Nature alone cures.” - Florence Nightingale
11. Travel… go! See the wonders of the world and the people of this earth. Feast your eyes and soul on its abundant beauty.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth, then I ask myself the same question.” - Harun Yahya
12. Always try something new and face your fears!
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” - Neale Donald Walsch
“Do one thing every day that scares you.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
“Maybe you know exactly what it is you dream of being, or maybe you’re paralysed because you have no idea what your passion is. The truth is, it doesn't matter. You don't have to know. You just have to keep moving forward. You just have to keep doing something, seizing the next opportunity, staying open to trying something new.” - Shonda Rhimes
“If you think adventure is dangerous, you should try routine; it’s lethal.” - Paulo Coelho
13. Do good deeds; for people, animals & the environment. Reduce waste, recycle, donate food, things or simply your time. Small actions = big changes.
“How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” - Anne Frank